This is a three-day course which will show you how to make better video for social media. From script to performance to editing we’ll make your social media video more engaging and more fun!
Video is one of the best ways to sell your message and tell your story. However, standing in front of the camera can be intimidating. Some of it is confidence and some of it is the tech.
The first half of the course uses drama coaches to work on scriptwriting and performance.
And the second focuses on the tech to learn lighting, audio and editing.
By the end of the course, you will be able to create simple professional videos to tell your story.
This course can be delivered virtually from our YouTube studio or you come to our studio space in the Town Centre. This is a practical course. If you are doing it at home, you will need a smartphone and a PC to follow the exercises.
You will write a short script to perform in front of the camera. It doesn’t have to be about your business.
Day 1 – Performance skills
- YouTube How to perform in “chunks” for easier editing.
- Scripts vs Outlines.
- How to present more confidently.
Day 2 – Lighting and camera skills
- Basic lighting, audio and set design.
- Recording your performance.
- Equipment recommendations
Day 3 – Editing
- Use free video editing software to understand the basics of editing.
- How to get free stock audio and video
- How to upload to YouTube